Github user mtaylor commented on the issue:

    @rlodge

    So one thing we are working on right now is adding is the ability to
directly address a queue from a consumer.  All of this is upcoming in
Artemis-780 jIRA (which I will post more info on very soon).

    But the key points are:

    1. You'll be able to specify routing semantics on addresses.  e.g.

    <address name="myTopic" routingType="mulitcast" />

    Essentially what this means is that any queue created with an address
"myTopic" will get **all** messages sent to myTopic.  To create a subscription
all we do internally in Artemis is create a new queue with address "myTopic".

    To do Point to point or "queue" sematnics, you simply configure the address
to have routing type anycast.

    <address name="myQueue" routingType="ANYCAST" />

    In Artemis if a consumer requests consuming from myQueue we look to see if
a queue already exists, if so we add a consumer, other wise we create one and
add a consumer.

    As part of the work we'll also allow clients to specically reference a
queue directly.  Using the pattern:

    address::queueName

    This means I want to consume from a specific queue called, "queueName" with
address "address".  If the queue doesn't exist it will create it (providing you
have autoCreateQueues enabled).  This allows you to have several clients,
creating subscriptions to the same queue.

    Whilst ARTEMIS-780 is meant to cover the changes to the CORE addressing
model, to enable all this extra stuff, there's also additional tasks to offer
this support over the various protocols.  To get ActiveMQ JMS 1.1 clients
working, we'll also need to update the OpenWire protocol.

---
with INFRA.
---