As artemis is an open source project I would not use a marketing like
reason for a new major version (like a certain feature set).
Instead I would use a major version to remove deprecated interfaces. So
basically to remove stuff in a way that might be incompatible to older
clients.
For pure feature additions a minor version should be technically good
enough.

Christian

> *** Re-sending w/ [DISCUSS] subject tag
>
> Kicking off a discussion on what folks would like to see in 2.0.0 release
> for Artemis. My thought is that we should target ActiveMQ 5.x feature
> parity in an effort to solidify Artemis in the product sense. I will detail
> out specifics from my previous note on 5.x-Artemis feature gaps.
>
> Thoughts?

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect