Github user franz1981 commented on the issue:

    @clebertsuconic AFAIK @mtaylor is not using any connection pool ie if the
connection drop, no reconnection will happen.

    > Also: I see an issue with threads.. if an executor is used.. you may get
many connections used?

    Depends: my use case (one of the reasons why most utils classes are package
private) is sligthly different: most of the connection usages are single
threaded and consecutive (eg NodeManager::awaitLiveNode) and many DBMS will
expire long running connections by default, so I wouldn't be worried to have
many "leaky" opened connections.
    I can see (talking with @mtaylor) if i can make my use case even simpler
and avoid a pool at all, but managing the reconnect

---