What am I saying? There  you have the authority in the field :).

John, the projects are in fact separated, Artemis is actually the donated HornetQ project. It's not like 2 factions don't agree on the future of one project. It's more like some not buying into the idea of ActiveMQ being switched to HornetQ/Artemis with a version switch without feature parity and reasonable adoption. And this proposal not even being the first of its kind.

This way Artemis has the freedom to be as little or as much compatible with ActiveMQ. No misrepresentation explicit or implied.

I am completely neutral to the appropriate forum to have the discussion, but here one could get input from a larger audience.

Hadrian