On 05/18/2018 06:24 PM, Michael André Pearce wrote:
Hi All,

On upgrading to 2.5.0 we have found quite a blocking issue to 2.5.0 for anyone
who secures durable queue creation so clients cannot create, but doesn’t secure
non-durable.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-1872

In summary prior to 2.5.0 the security check incorrectly always checked for
security rights for non-durable, even if the queue was a durable, this was
security hole was fixed in 2.5.0, but a knock on effect is it has
highlighted/exposed some logic issues in the CoreClient and also in AMQP and
OpenWire protocol managers, where in some cases a queue is not check for being
present before calling create queue, meaning if user is not allowed to create a
queue, but is allowed to consume, and the queue exists, the client still cannot
consume, as the code tries to create and throws exception.

We have created a test case that re-creates the issues, and also a possible
solution its in PR here.

Whilst it is not technically caused by any changes in the just created RC for
2.6.0 since 2.5.0, i think the severity/impact of this may deem it worthy to
fix, and re-spin.

Cheers
Mike

This seems like a good opportunity to practice turning around a quick 2.6.1 release as this is not a blocking issue given it's been in the code for quite some time already.

On 17 May 2018, at 20:02, Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shan...@gmail.com>