Github user franz1981 commented on the issue:

    @michaelandrepearce I understand your point here, just I'm not sure is only
a matter of flexibility here, but more of user expectations and I admit that it
makes this a lot more subjective to be judged.
    The point of the issue is that if an address already exists, but without
any queue on it, which routing type configuration will take precendence while
creating a new one?
    For some users It could be the default routing type specified on the
addresses settings, while for others the ones defined in the already existing
address.
    I admit that I'm more of the idea that the latter is matching most user
expectations, but is just a personal taste.

---