On 6/15/20 11:19 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Native 1.0.2 release.

Artemis native is a dependency for Artemis responsible for the journal
type libaio. It's basically a JNI wrapper submitting writes to the
kernel on Linux.

I have already tested the testsuite with this release and it worked fine.

As part of this release, I'm addressing:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2800 Work around kernel issue

I'm trapping the issue before it happened on the kernel. So in case
you are running artemis-native on a kernel with the offending bug, it
would work around the issue and the broker would not crash.

So far this has only been seen on RHEL 7.8 as further releases on
kernel upstream already contain a fix. But I want to prevent it from
ever happening again.

The release notes is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12346447

The repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1211/

The tag is here:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis-native.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.2

Steps to use the staged maven repo:
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

I update the website after the vote has passed.

Notice that we will only provide sources for this release, and the
maven repository as the source for binaries.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

I don't see any artifacts uploaded to the staging site for this release so I cannot review them

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis-native/

--
Tim Bish