Clebert— Good catch, updated below

[Draft rev 2]

Kicking off draft proposal conversation, we can then convert this to a
ticket. I’ve collected ideas from the recent dev mailing list convo. I’m
sure I’ve missed some key points and am not married to anything here.
Please chime in!

Proposed steps:
1. Deprecate terms such as ‘master’ and ’slave
2. log.warn any configuration change notifications
3. Provide compatibility under the covers for deprecated terms
4. Provide any openwire compatibility changes b/w ActiveMQ 5 and Artemis
5. Notify users in an announcement and provide a conversion HOWTO
6. Other?

New terms:
a. For shared storage: ‘active’ and ’standby’
b. For replication: ‘primary’ and ‘replica'
c. For 'white list' and 'blacklist': 'allow list' and 'deny list'

For example:
‘master’ -> ‘active’
’slave’ -> ’standby'

Thanks,