On 7/22/20 2:36 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
Following on from an earlier thread around Jekyll versions and build
issues etc, I have just gone through the hoops with infra and put an
automated website build in place for a trial and discussion. Folks can
now give it a try out and we could decide if it or a variant is
desirable to use going forward.

Any source changes committed to the jekyll-test-master branch of the
website repo will currently be automatically built, committed to the
asf-staging branch, and staged to https://activemq.staged.apache.org/.
The process can take a few minutes as the site is so large.

With this setup you would e.g check all is well in staging, and then
rebase a further live branch (e.g asf-site) in the repo with the
staged commits from asf-staging and push there. Alternatively it could
just build straight to the live branch without any staging (I used the
staging area as it is a test, and it was already sitting there from
last year).

E.g I made this change on jekyll-test-master:
https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/commit/c958e5042d7a4c095db351cfb3cf388c6711037b

which was built automatically in:
https://ci2.apache.org/#/builders/7/builds/145

then output committed back to the asf-staging branch in:
https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/commit/103dc43c8f77a101fca7ad82f225da8efc7c5945

and is now visible in the text on the front at
https://activemq.staged.apache.org/

Thoughts?

Robbie

+1