On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 19:48, Domenico Francesco Bruscino
<bruscin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.15.0 release.
>
> We added these new features as part of 2.15.0:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2847] - socks5h support
> [ARTEMIS-2855] - Define a new broker plugin to track XA transactions
> [ARTEMIS-2857] - Expose ActivemqServer::isActivated through
> ActiveMQServerControl
>
> We had quite a few improvements on this release:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2844] - Improve MQTT subscribe/unsubscribe topic performance
> [ARTEMIS-2845] - ConcurrentAppendOnlyChunkedList cannot be queried while
> resizing
> [ARTEMIS-2863] - Support pausing dispatch during group rebalance
> [ARTEMIS-2872] - Support FQQN syntax for security-settings
> [ARTEMIS-2880] - Support FQQN syntax for JNDI lookup
> [ARTEMIS-2882] - Better support for JMS topics + FQQN
>
> And we also had some important fixes:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2862] - Activation failure can result in zombie broker
> [ARTEMIS-2868] - Split Brain on Replication could "damage" the Topology,
> isolating the server
> [ARTEMIS-2877] - Fix journal replication scalability
>
> The release notes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12348568
>
> Ths git commit report is here:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.15.0
>
> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.15.0/
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1217
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>
> The source tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.15.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.15.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my +1

+1 (non-binding)

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature + checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in archives.
- Verified licence headers in the source archive by running:
  "mvn apache-rat:check -DskipLicenseCheck=false"
- Ran the source build and then the AMQP related integration tests on
JDK8 and JDK11 with:
  "mvn clean install -DskipTests && cd tests/integration-tests/ && mvn
-Ptests -Dtest=org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.amqp.*
test"
- Ran Qpid JMS 0.54.0 HelloWorld against a broker on JDK8 and JDK11
started from the binary archive.

Robbie