Why wait? Seems really quite odd to have a current release stream with
one of its noted features having been an upgrade to Spring 5, and a
coming 5.17.1 release updating Spring to address the CVEs only fixed
in Spring 5.x, still continuing having a deployed test module testing
Spring 3. Not even remotely the latest version of Spring 3 either.

I think it should just be removed immediately, i.e before 5.17.1.