I agree with most of the points mentioned above While in my opinion knowledge
of the code base and of the core concept of the product should be weighted
most among other requirements. Since the committer(s) has the
responsibility and authority to accept the code changes so it is very
important that the person has a complete understanding and knowledge of the
product and able to identify if the code/feature they are going to commit
would not break some seemingly unrelated feature or behavior. So IMHO an
ideal candidate would be the one who has good indepth knowledge of
PostgreSQL and Apache AGE, along with that an active contributor (either in
terms of code contributions, testing or discussions) to the community.

The reason I feel an overall understanding of the architecture is most
important is because, a few years back I was honored with the committer
responsibilities for Pgpool-II (https://www.pgpool.net) project. And what I
have learned during that period is most of the contributions the
community receives are of good code quality and solves the problem in hand,
the aspect that lacks  at times, especially from new contributors is the
understanding of how the piece of code they are contributing will affect
the overall product.

Best regards,
Muhammad Usama