Hi All,

I volunteered to be the RM for 0.12 release and have been doing a bad job in
pro-actively calling for a release time line. Given that this release is
focusing on major re-architcture triggered by Thrift Migration, how about take
a one-time exception  and defer the release until little more time? In the past
few months we have been simplifying the architecture quite a bit by introducing
CPI’s and using thrift for API’s. The side effect was the delay but hoping this
is all in a progressive direction towards 1.0.

Concretely, my suggestion is for us to re-define release features and then plan
the release. Any one have objection on deferring the release until we make a
more cohesive features and also robust already added features with more
integration tests?

One outstanding feature I see missing is the application catalog. I will start
on drafting the thrift models and start the discussions on it.

Suresh