Hi Supun,

I would expect following; (others please correct me if I am wrong)

We need to control access to API functions through roles. Also IS has a
notion of permissions and resources. So the resources are mapped to
functions defined in thrift API. So a permission would look like follows
(hypothetically);

permission = ("execute", /scigap/thrift/executeExperiment);

We should be able to attach such permissions to roles. So when user invokes
an API function we need to do following;
1. find user's role
2. examine role's permissions
3. check whether any role has permission relevant to invoking function

AFAIK IS provided a way to define permissions and attach them to roles. You
may need to check how those can be used through APIs and how achieve above
described functionality.

Thanks
Regards
-Thejaka Amila