For what it worth, I think we should find a different route than embedding if
this is only to make it easy for downloaders to get up and running.

Marlon

From: Hasini Gunasinghe <hasi7...@gmail.com<mailto:hasi7...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 8:38 AM
To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org<mailto:dev@airavata.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: WSO2 Idenity Server Embedded Mode?

Hi Suresh,

Ideally, WSO2 IS (and other WSO2 products in general) can be run in embedded
mode.
However, there will be many implications of doing that such as increasing the
size of the Airavata distribution (WSO2 IS default distribution is 315 MB - you
can install only the necessary features, however, that will not decrease the
additional size significantly) and slowing down the Airavata startup.
Therefore, IMO, it is good to run it separately (since Airavata already depends
on such separately run servers such as RabbitMQ).
However, if you want to consider embedding it, I can test it at PoC level and
report the exact implications (such as the increase in the size of the
distribution etc.). Let me know what you think.

Best Regards,
Hasini.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Suresh Marru