Agreed. I think some architecture diagrams are in order.

Marlon

From: "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <goshe...@indiana.edu>
Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 1:35 PM
To: "dev@airavata.apache.org" <dev@airavata.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Using Redis or Zookeeper for Email Monitoring

Apoorv,

Good thought about making the email monitoring service scalable and reliable.
But I was wondering if you considered the Helix angle? Helix inherently uses
Zookeeper to manage state and the cluster as a whole. You might want to
consider leveraging some of Helix’s data handling capabilities. Nothing against
Redis, Zookeeper looks like a definite candidate to me just because of Helix.

Also, could you chalk out and share an architecture of how this email
monitoring service would integrate with Airavata (assume a Helix architecture).
Drawing an architecture would help you better understand the problem and even
find smaller issues which you didn’t consider.

Good work so far!

Thanks and Regards,

Gourav Shenoy