I forgot to also mention that the changes affect the ide-integration module:
- the README.md I linked to in registry-core explains how to copy migrations
into ide-integration module's database init script
- the ide-integration README.md now documents the command to apply migrations
to the database container [0]
- the database container image is now a MariaDB image. Migration scripts are
easier with MariaDB because supports IF EXISTS/IF NOT EXISTS.
- *-derby.sql and *-mysql.sql and persistence.xml files were removed since, at
least in my testing, there were unnecessary. They also have caused some
confusion in the past since it's not been clear if these files have to be
updated or not.

[0]
https://github.com/apache/airavata/blame/develop/modules/ide-integration/README.md#L63