GKE and its own CI will allow us to solve other problems - building
and publishing documentation from the master branch. Currently,
building is done using the RTD service. Unfortunately, our project is
too large and often the documentation is not built properly.
https://readthedocs.org/projects/airflow/builds/
We should think about another way to build documentation. In the ideal
world, building documentation should use the same environment as
checking documentation on CI. Adding this step to Travis can further
reduce our development opportunities.
Discussion on Slack about it:
https://apache-airflow.slack.com/archives/CJ1LVREHX/p1561756652021900

It is worth thinking about the fact that our project will soon have a
website and our documentation will also be available in many
languages. Currently, talks are taking place with the design studio
and developers who can make these websites ;-)
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/982c7baa06742ad722f2baa0db53ad99aea6c26b14b7d6d4aa522677@%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E
We should provide an environment that will allow you to build a
website and documentation. At best, these tasks should be combined. I
hope that we will be able to create a website that will be a real
support for the community on current events, so it will be updated
frequently.

It seems to me that the project will grow. If we now have problems
with Travis, then the significance of these problems in the future can
only grow. Now we have a chance to provide a stable infrastructure for
the project for a long time.

I would like to share another situation which was not pleasant for me.
Recently I wanted to send >10 PR, but because of Travis, I had to wait
for the weekend to send changes. If I would send my changes in a week,
I would block the queue for a few hours. Although I did it over the
weekend, I got the message that the queue is blocked on Travis by my
jobs.