It's a good idea.

It will make reading the codebase easier, and besides the whole Python
ecosystem is slowly moving towards adopting this code style. I personally
have been a fan ever since the project launched.

With regards to open PRs requiring a rebase, it's an annoyance for sure but
if we do decide to standardize on any code style (which we should, black or
not), we'll have to pull the bandaid eventually.

Just my two cents. ;-)

Philippe