Also I think TP  - had a document in the past (years ago)  describing a
draft of a more complete alternative we can take to approach datetime vs.
pendulum dichotomy. I cannot easily find the document and discussion - but
I do remember it was proposing some interesting changes in the approach of
Airflow to have an abstraction layer on top of it (as far as I remember).
Maybe we can resurrect that idea if TP might find the proposal ?