Hi All,

I have made the (first) RELEASE CANDIDATE of Airflow 1.8.0 available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/ , public keys are
available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/ . It
is tagged with a local version “apache.incubating” so it allows upgrading from
earlier releases. This should be considered of  release quality, but not yet
officially vetted as a release yet.

Issues fixed:
* Use static nvd3 and d3
* Python 3 incompatibilities
* CLI API trigger dag issue

As the difference between beta 5 and the release candidate is relatively small
I hope to start the VOTE for releasing 1.8.0 quite soon (2 days?), if the vote
passes also a vote needs to happen at the IPMC mailinglist. As this is our
first Apache release I expect some comments and required changes and probably a
RC 2.

Furthermore, we now have a “v1-8-stable” branch. This has version “1.8.0rc1”
and will graduate to “1.8.0” when we release. The “v1-8-test” branch now has
version “1.8.1alpha0” as version and “master” has version “1.9.0dev0”. Note
that “v1-8-stable” is now closed. This means that, per release guidelines,
patches accompanied with an ASSIGNED Jira and a sign-off from a committer. Only
then the release manager applies the patch to stable (In this case that would
be me). The release manager then closes the bug when the patches have landed in
the appropriate branches. For more information please see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+Release+Planning+and+Supported+Release+Lifetime

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+Release+Planning+and+Supported+Release+Lifetime>
 .

Any questions or suggestions don’t hesitate to ask!

Cheers
Bolke