We are seeing another major issue with backfills where task instances are
being deleted and marked as "removed", I am still investigating. Let's keep
discussion about these in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-921
and the subtask comments to have it one place. I will look at the other
points you cc'd me on too. Thanks for continuing to drive this forward!