I am creating a DAG used for ad-hoc analysis and backfill. It has schedule
of None and is manually triggered via airflow trigger_dag. I have few
questions around it.

   - I pass parameters to the dag via --conf flag, which is available via
   dagrun object. I believe that this is the right way to implement such a
   workflow?
   - dagrun.conf doesn’t seem to be exposed anywhere in the web UI.
   - There seem to be no way to specify dagrun.conf when externally
   triggering DAGs via the web UI.

I’m on Airflow 1.8. Unless I’m missing something very obvious and if the
above questions are legitimate, I wouldn’t mind sending a PR or two to make
them exposed.

Jeeyoung Kim

https://medium.com/@jeeyoungk