I have tried using "CELERY_IGNORE_RESULT = True" but my experience with
this was that while task instances would be executed the Airflow webserver
would not show them as having executed successfully.
I.e. I lacked the visual feedback in the webserver that tasks / dags had
actually been executed successfully.

For me the winning setup appears to be:

- RabbitMQ as message broker ("broker_url" in airflow.cfg)
- Redis as Celery result backend ("celery_result_backend")

Best,

Georg