I need my Airflow emails to contain the external IP address of the machine,
as determined by ipgetter.myip(). In terms of how it behaves this seems to
work, as it times out after 2 seconds and returns null string if it doesn't
get a reply.

I can see where I can add this in TaskInstance, a field self.external_ip
that is initialized to ipgetter.myip() and then referred to in the template
for email below. However, that would get called each time a task is
instantiated. This seems wrong. Is there a global place this could get run
at system initialization time and then filled in after?

Thanks!

Russell Jurney @rjurney <http://twitter.com/rjurney>
russell.jur...@gmail.com LI <http://linkedin.com/in/russelljurney> FB
<http://facebook.com/jurney> datasyndrome.com