Hi Victor,

This implementation is about allowing native kubernetes deployment of tasks
on airflow. There are existing deployments/helm scripts with all the
components needed to launch an airflow cluster, but these clusters
basically consist of having a set up static workers run with celery to
communicate between pods.

The KubernetesExecutor will dynamically create pods for each task you're
running. Your cluster will be significantly more elastic and it won't waste
resources when jobs aren't running.

We have also created a k8s operator which will allow people to build pods
by linking to images/settings. This will give users a lot more flexibility
in creating custom operators that launch single pods or entire clusters to
complete a task.

I think our implementation is similar to what you're proposing, but if
there's any improvements you can see I'd be glad to speak further over DM
or during the meet-up this Thursday :).

Here is the proposal for a high level overview and the WIP PR for reference:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=71013666
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2414

Cheers,

Daniel