That sounds like it is at worth me at least coming up a proposal for us to vote
on then..

One thing that might help with the "target version" is multiple Github
Projects[1]: -- that, or labels, are the only way for a github issue to be in
"two" groups at the same time.

I'll see what I can do, but make zero promises due to imminent baby-driven
"sleep" schedule ;)

[1]: https://help.github.com/articles/about-project-boards/