We are getting the logs like

{local_executor.py:43} INFO - LocalWorker running airflow run <TaskCommand>
 {models.py:1595} ERROR - Executor reports task instance %s finished (%s)
although the task says its %s. Was the task killed externally?
{models.py:1616} INFO - Marking task as UP_FOR_RETRY

It seems that in  LocalExecutor.py file "subprocess_checkcall" command is
returning successfully without throwing an error but Task state did not get
updated from queued to running in mysql store.
One possibility is that "_check_and_change_state_before_execution" function in
models.py is returning false due to which task state is not getting updated to
"running" state and task get stuck in up_for_retry in handle_failure function.

Other possibility could be unavailability of system resources to create a new
process inside "subprocess_checkcall" function call but I think in that case it
would be throwing an error.

Is there a way to enable the "verbose" logging flag in
_check_and_change_state_before_execution call. It would help us in debugging it
further.

Thanks,
Raman Gupta