For background I got involve in Airflow by adding features I wanted, and fixing
bugs/oddities that I came across - I didn't fix other peoples tickets. Most
other committers are the same. We've all "scratched our own itch" as it were.

You have proposed a technical solution to a non-technical problem.

The problem is not a lack of visibility on issues (If you are subscribed to the
commits@ list, which most active committers should be), as I am, then I receive
an email for every new ticket opened or every comment on an issue.

The problem is time.

No one is paid to work on Airflow full time, we all do it as a side-effect of
using Airflow for our jobs. And triaging Jira tickets is _very_ hard to justify
spending that time. I also think you under estimate how much time it takes to
triage even a single ticket.

I would *love* to be able to spend more time improving airflow, making it
easier for other people to get involved, improving documentation, and triaging
issues. But no one is currently paying me or any other committer to do this, so
any time we spent on Airflow is going to be focused on what we need out of
airflow. Sorry.

(For the record though, I do dislike Jira, but I don't care enough to think
about changing.)

Hope this helps explain the situation.

-ash