We're working hard to get rid of the tight Travis integration and moving to
a Docker based setup. I think it should be very easy to get a Docker up and
running which is packed with the required dependencies. Unfortunately we're
not there yet. Also the tox layer feels a bit redundant to me, since we're
using Docker now.

Cheers, Fokko