+1

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aravindan Vijayan

On 1/25/18, 9:19 PM, "Siddharth Wagle" <swa...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Hi devs,

    We had a brief discussion about the release management of Ambari w.r.t to
the new work that is on-going with Mpacks and multi-services, amongst the
developers working on the respective pieces. The main point of discussion was
that although Metrics and LogSearch are sub-projects of Ambari, the release
cadence of these sub-projects and Ambari core does not have to be tied
together. Having an Infra Mpack will allow changes to these two modules to be
published independently.

    The general consensus was to have separate repos for Ambari Metrics, Ambari
Log Search and Ambari Infra which would mean we can build and version these
modules separately and simplify the release process. I wanted to start a
discuss/vote thread for this. I will follow this up with an Infra ticket to
fork off the git repos for Ambari Metrics, Ambari LogSearch and Ambari Infra
separate from the core codebase once we reach consensus.

    Note: These sub-projects do not have any compile-time or run-time
dependencies on Ambari except logical dependency on Ambari stack advisor
feature to configure the services correctly based on cluster resources. With
the MPack effort this behavior will be delegated to individual stack services
and the corresponding code will be housed in the service repos anyways. Ambari
depends on Ambari Metrics at compile time on the ambari-metrics-common module
which is already published to maven central and we would continue to do so if
anything changes in the common library.

    [ ] +1 approve
    [ ] +0 no opinion
    [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)