Hi Rob,

Thanks for the explanation. I don't have issues with DN per se. My case
falls into the "*since then some services need to create directories and
change permissions on them as the HDFS root user upon installation * category
that you mentioned. I paired my service with DN assuming
hdfs.headless.keytab would be available.

Is that possible for my service's kerberos.json to define a dependency on
hdfs.headless.keytab ? This way, I can still cohost my component with DN
(hard requirement ...) but still have the keytab available (no need to
modify HDFS kerberos.json)

Thanks.

Di