Zhiguo's opinion sounds reasonable to me. Let me clarify a few things
(correct me if there's any misunderstanding, Zhiguo):

> Bigtop mpack will not immediate goal for us at least for 2.7.7, as there will
> be lot work needs to done

Bigtop Mpack is developed by the Bigtop community, and Yuqi is
actively working on it in BIGTOP-3689.
So we just help it (for example, giving them some advice if asked) on
the Ambari side and our main focus is still the next Ambari release.
(That being said, the current Mpack only supports ZK and Hadoop, so if
someone is willing to add other components to it, it will be really
welcomed!)

> And when the time comes for 2.8.0 (or 3.0.0), we can discuss more about
> moving towards "bigtop mpack" based support only.

I don't think that's what Zhiguo meant. On the contrary, he meant:

* For Ambari 2.7.5 (and maybe 2.7.6), we can provide the Bigtop stack
only through Mpack, so we use it.
* Since Ambari 2.8.0 (or 2.7.7?), we replace the default stack with
Bigtop's one as built-in, which allows us to drop the Bigtop Mpack.

Kengo Seki <sek...@apache.org>