Moreover, we can move 2.7.6 and 2.6.2 from
https://archive.apache.org/dist/ambari/ to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/ambari/ since both represent the
latest releases on 2.7 and 2.6 release lines respectively. Does this sound
good?

We might also be able to provide *stable* release folder on
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/ambari/ once our efforts to
dev/test/release activities are restored and we are able to recommend a
particular release line as stable release for any new/existing Ambari
customers.