Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Costin Manolache <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> J2SDK1.2 + defines a mechanism for declaring dependencies.
>
> As I stated in a different mail, this is not what I meant.

Sorry, I may have missed that.

To avoid other missunderstandings - I am not refering to the ClassPath
manifest element, but to the "Extension-Name" and "Extension-List" elements
in the manifest.

>> This is almost feature complete in the main branch. If you consider
>> ComponentHelper, it's almost done.
>
> So please enlighten us on ComponentHelper.

It defines a hook that allows you to plug your own component factory.
You get a namespace and element name as parameter, and you can return
any ProjectComponent.

It is used like the PropertyHelper ( i.e. a chain, any task can add hooks ).

Nothing fancy.

>> If that means adopting the XML from the proposal - I'm strongly -0.
>> ( and close to -1 :-)
>
> If this was the only obstacle, well, that shouldn't be too hard to
> solve.

I'm -1 on adopting antlib bundled with the roles.

I have no problem with using XML syntax and not properties- if it's a subset
of ant, or something close enough. I'm -1 on combining antlib with
roles and using the syntax in the proposal.

Costin