I want to write a task that allows me to embed XML configuration
information to set up some integration tests using JUnit as a
base.

I can live with a DOM or JDOM to interpret and transform into my
configuration objects.  The concept is based on some work I originally
did to extend JUnit for testing Avalon components.  The thing is
that I want to change the way the JUnit test runner works so that
I can preload my Avalon container with the proper components,
and I can iterate through all the implementations of a component
with the same test against it.

In order for this to happen properly, I need to pass configuration
information to the container.  The two options I have is to require
the configuration as a separate file, or to allow the configuration
to be embedded in the ANT task.

I would prefer to have the config embedded so that I can work on
things one step at a time.  Otherwise--I have to resort to the
file approach.

What are your thoughts?  Is it too much to ask for free-form
elements as a sub of a task, or do they HAVE to map to objects?