On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Knut Wannheden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken then a DCL script can only process a maximum of
> 8 arguments and the call to a DCL script from Java, including the
> script filename and its arguments, can at the most be 256 characters
> long.

I'm out of OpenVMs business for too long, to know whether you are
correct.  Ken's suggestion of munging the arguments into a single one
and reparsing it afterwards may be feasible.  Don't know about the
length limitations.

> Either this is a limitation users on VMS have to live with or a
> different approach is required.

Users live with command line length limitations on all OSes, the
limits just vary.  256 is not much, I agree.  If there is a different
solution, the go for it.