Conor MacNeill wrote, On 29/07/2003 9.15:

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:56 pm, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

I think this is all getting too complex for <import>. What you are
describing is project composition where each project maintains its own
context, its own basedir, etc.

AFAIK this is done with <ant>....

Not quite the same. <projectref> allowed the projects to be "running" in tandem and for dependencies to exist beteween the projects. e.g.

<projectref file="blah.xml" ref="blah"/>

<target name="test" depends="blah:init">
  <javac srcdir="${blah:src.dir}"/>
</target>

Syntax et al up for grabs but still very different from <ant>

Ah, ok, now I get it, thanks :-)

Basically it's an <ant> file that exposes targets and properties.
Given this, I understand the proposal of making:

  <import>     -> <include>
  <projectref> -> <import>

although I'm personally +-0 on either denomination.

But is the above not overlapping with Gump?

Personally, I don't see the real need for it, as the same can be done with correctly-written @importable files. In the specific, init values should be included rather than imported.

Can you point me to some relevant use-cases?

TIA

            - verba volant, scripta manent -