> > For VMS I intend to add a method FileUtils#toVMSPath(File):String.
> > I was just thinking if a more generic
> > FileUtils#toOSPath(File):String would make sense.  What do you
> > think?
>
> There currently is no need for it except in the OpenVMS case, we could
> add toOSPAth later IMHO.

On the downside a FileUtils#toVMSPath(File) would push the OS awareness
responsibility up a level, in which case Commandline.Argument.setFile(File)
would have to check for OpenVMS and call this method.  Or is this the wrong
place altogether for the OpenVMS specific code of <exec> and <apply>?

> > Another question: Now that Java 1.2 will be required, do you intend
> > to refactor the code to use the new Java 1.2 classes and change code
> > which now uses reflection to access some of the Java 1.2 methods?
>
> Gradually, when you are working on FileUtils anyway, this would be a
> good time to do it.

I was thinking about the FileUtils#getSetLastModified(), which using
reflection returns the File#setLastModified(long) method.  Alas, I found
that exactly this method doesn't have any effect on OpenVMS :-(

Cheers,

--
knut