Stefan Bodewig wrote:

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

yup. We either want no refs, or we want the mono refs.

With /nostdlib+ and Mono refs it doesn't work (Mono tries to open the
refs in read/write mode, no idea why).  So in the case of Mono I'd
vote for no refs.

OK

I was thinking of something different,

As you understand the .NET area and I don't, at least not yet, please
go ahead and use me and my Linux setup as the Mono guinea pig.

I have mono on a box here too.

1. drop all predefined references the moment you name an executable
on the command line.

Won't that cause a backwards compatibility problem?

no, because we didnt let people name an executable until last week.

How can I say <fileset path="${env.PATH}" includes="System.dll"/>

Similar to how <extdirs> is handled in <javac>?  I.e. add a Path
nested element and make the task create filesets from it - fall back
to env.PATH or env.Path if the user doesn't specify a path?

On Linux it doesn't seem to use PATH but either something that's
hardcoded inside of Mono or the dynamic linker architecture (as it
picks up the .dlls from /usr/lib for me).  "strings mono" doesn't give
any clues to me.  I'd probably simply have to read the documentation
to know 8-)