On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> - sort out if possible the CLASSPATH issue by :

What you propose would probably work.

On the other hand, Launcher could give us a chance to break away from
the "everything is on a single classpath, which is as good as the
system classpath" architecture of Main that, I fear, won't scale.

Add -lib will solve some problem, the same sort of problems that can
be solved by not using Launcher but Main.  I'm not sure whether it
would prevent us from solving a different set of problems.

All in all, I'm a bit neutral here as I fail to see all consequences.

> - remove the classloader from ant 1.6 simply by removing the
> corresponding line from defaults.properties in the ANT_16_BRANCH (is
> this enough ?)

I'd rather remove the class from the 1.6 branch.

> - get the beta build running afterwards.

What is your opinion on bugs and enhancement requests in bugzilla?
There is always one enhancement request or another that every single
one of us would like to see integrated into the next release.

Given last weekend's reports, I'd like to add a roundup attribute to
<zip>, which would address 17934 (two votes, at least).

Where would you draw the line in the sand for enhancements?  Bugs are
always open unless you need a freeze to get a clean build, I assume.