On Tuesday 23 September 2003 11:23, Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
> ReplaceTest fails under cygwin.
>     [junit] Testcase: test9 took 0,13 sec
>      [junit]  FAILED     [junit] expected:<10> but was:<13>
>      [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<10> but
> was:<13>
>
> This has to do with the fact that the Replace task changes the line endings
> of tokens and values to System.getProperty("line.separator"), but that the
> files used for the tests are terminated with \n only when one uses the
> cvs.exe of cygwin.
>
> I can think of several ways of fixing this :
>
> - the easiest would be to change the Replace task, not to touch the line
> endings of tokens and values at all. After all, I do not know why they get
> such a special treatment. But this would also be a backward incompatible
> change,
>
> - adding an enumerated attribute eol (like in the fixcrlf task) to the
> nested elements <replacetoken/>, <replacevalue/>, <replacefilter/>. Like in
> the fixcrlf task, the platform's line separator would be the default there,
> and "asis" would be used to run the test(s) with predictable results.

- Change the test... or declare the failure invalid.
  The test checks line ending without having control of the lineendings as
  on windows, the cvs client may or may not add <cr>'s to files. For text
  files it should, but cygwin's cvs client does not do this. A simple
  fix is to use a cvs client that respects crazy windows/dos behaviour
  (cvsnt is the one I used when I was on NT).

  The test could write the expected result instead of using expected files
  in cvs.

Peter