> Not familiar with that, but will try to take a look. There is
> a *possibility* (not a certainty) that I will lose my
> high-speed connection in the near future, which would make
> playing with Mozilla a little hard. We'll see what happens.

Mozilla Firebird is mall and fast... Should be no problem for you :-)

> But ... Preferences and storing them via Properties I
> understand well. How we handle the GUI side of that "remains
> to be seen". There is also the NetBeans model of a giant Options tree.

This would be overkill IMO. We should be fine with a (maximum) two level
hirachy! And remember: Let's keep the "baby" small and fast :-)

Oh: If you need Icons: don't hesitate to tell me! I'll paind them with
pleasure!

Greetings,
Christoph