Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

What you would like would be useful to prevent the "wrong" targets from
being called. But I wonder whether this change would not make ant
unnecessary complex.

The default (atribute omitted) state should behave as always. This is necessary for back compatability, and to keep the learning curve from getting too steep. The import task gives me the same sort of worry about complexity, but I keep reiminding myself... You don't have to use it if you don't want it ;). So at least from the user side, there is no obligatory complexity increase. The addition of another atribute in the documentation for target would be the only brain drain :)...

As for the development side, it may lead to increased complexity if we add access modifiers with more complex meanings. As it is now, however the only meaning of public/private is "do we reject it when invoked from the command line" and the only time we need to check that is already included in the patch.

I too would be interested to hear what other commiters think.

- Gus