>>Doing this corresponds more closely to current usage of <antcall/> for
templates.

Yes, but I think this may not be such a good thing.  I have, as I
recall, oftentimes been tripped up on the question of when a variable is
defined.  I know java has no preprocessor, but it doesn't have macros
either.  If we are going to introduce macros in ant, I think that the
clarity of knowing that they are defined at load time, and not at
runtime is an advantage.  <antcall>
has never been a good way to do "templates".

Although I might be open to a convincing counter-example.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Sportvision, Inc.
scohenATSportvisionDOTcom