Sorry I lost the thread.  And I'm still uncertain.  It
seems to me that no matter what (to continue with the
earlier examples), this should be valid:

<myns:mytask>
  <myns:mytype />
</myns:mytask>

but it doesn't work in beta2.  Again, only:

<myns:mytask>
  <mytype />
</myns:mytask>

works.  I got the idea about explicitly declaring the
local namespace so that the nested elements can be
unqualified, but shouldn't fully-qualified elements
work under any scenario?  If not, why not?

-Matt