Here is my proposal for you guys to vote on.
Two completely separate votes:

1) Vote on @{x} as the syntax for textual substitutions
of attributes in <macrodef>.

Once this is settle, we can move on releasing <macrodef>
in B3 with its fixed syntax.

2) Vote on <local>, must include decision on syntax,
scope (i.e., passing things on <ant> & co., etc.)
I do not think all these have been settle.

If (2) is resolved and acepted on 1.6, then Peter
gets most of what he wants, if not, then at least
we can release move on on the rest of ANT.

Jose Alberto