--- Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You miss encoding attributes.

Ah--I am by my own admission a little ignorant on
encoding concepts... tunnel vision.  I'll have to work
on that.  Would it make sense here to create a new
core FilterReader for encoding conversions, and let
that be the proscribed means by which
input/output/error encoding can be overridden for a
<redirector>--using the <*filterchain> elements
already implemented?  Seems clean/reusable to me.

> Depending on the size of the change it may be
> easiest to either commit
> it to HEAD or start a little sandbox for it in the
> proposal/sandbox
> area.

I don't know exactly how the entire sandbox paradigm
is intended to flow, but this enhancement (I hate to
say "change" :)  ) affects about 4-5 existing classes
and two (IIRC) new ones, plus the encoding
FilterReader if we go that route.  These counts do not
include test cases and documentation.

> Stefan

Thanks,
-Matt