Steve Cohen wrote:

I see that someone has tried to incorporate my suggestion for using the latest commons-net.jar in order to use ant's <ftp> task with NT-based servers.

It was me. O:-)

 However, the documentation is not quite correct.  It says:

"To use the FTP task with Microsoft FTP servers, you need CVS HEAD of commons-net and jakarta-oro after 2004-02-01 or a release of commons-net after 1.1.0 and jakarta-oro after 2.0.8."

While it is true that the CVS HEAD of commons-net is required and while it is true that jakarta-oro is required (jakarta-oro is now required for any uses of the ftp task using commons-net), I don't believe it is true that 2.0.8 of oro is required. As far as I know, any jakarta-oro verson greater than VERSION 2.0.1 will work. Certainly, the latest commons-net code takes no special advantage of the latest oro-code.

So while users do need to get the latest commons-net code to take advantage of this, I think they don't really need to upgrade their jakarta-oro jar above what ant uses, although it can't hurt anything.

I am going to correct this, 8-)

cheers,

Antoine