--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On the user list there was a wish to enable
> <javadoc> to be
> more quite. I took a look at the source and saw that
> it should be possible
> to add the redirector helper, see [1].
>
> The I reminded this thread (which I havenīt followed
> so deeply :) and I
> think <javadoc> - as an indirect child from <exec> -
> is also a candidate for
> <redirect>.

+1.  I would want to simply add a nested
oata.types.RedirectorElement to any task that needs to
configure an oata.taskdefs.Redirector.  I think that
will end up being easier than adding the relevant
attributes to task after task ad nauseum.  I should be
ready to commit my changes for <exec> and <apply>
soon.  Then I can follow up with <java> and <javadoc>.

> Another point: the "old" error/output/... could be
> ported to configure the
> redirector.
> Something like
>
> setError(String err) {
>     // this.err = err;    // earlier implementation
>     if (redirector==null) {
>         redirector = new Redirector();
>     }
>     redirector.setError(err);
> }

This part will be interesting, I will have to look at
everything we have to see where is the proper place to
hook the JavadocOutputStreams to the Redirector.  But
this type of challenge should nicely bring to light
any as-yet-undiscovered weaknesses in the
RedirectorElement/Redirector design.

> What do you think?

See above.  ;)

-Matt